Friday, December 16, 2011

Orca Bay Mystery Step 4

More String piecing!  Well at least I am finally getting good use out of the old phone books.  I cut my oranges into strips varying the width from 3/4 inch to 1 and 3/4 inch.  Unlike Bonnie, I do not have pre-cut strings.  So I am having to cut fat quarters and yardage for this.

Here is a pile of strings.  Believe it or not this started out organized by size.



As you may have seen from my previous post,  I stopped working on these to order some more oranges. I decided that I did not have enough variety. My oranges range from melon, through pumpkin.  Some of them are very 'pinky'.  I have not done very many of these yet because I was waiting on the oranges  and more neutrals to arrive.

Then of course there was the 1/2 square triangle mishap (slightly too big).  So now that my oranges and neutrals have arrived, I still have to sliver trim the 1/2 square triangles before I can move on to step 5.

Here is all that I have finished of the larger string blocks. 








Here is a picture of all of the oranges together - new and old.   One thing for sure - my quilt will be BRIGHT !


I am off from work until Thursday, 12/22.  So I hope to make great progress.  I might even go back to finish step 1.

6 comments:

  1. I love your oranges...looks very Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange - it's one of my favorite colors. Your selection is wonderful! Hope you find some quilting time this week! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, now that's what I call color - Love it! Can hardly wait to see your finished quilt, should be amazing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the oranges. Anxious to see your finished quilt!!

    ReplyDelete